Posterior tibial tendonitis is a condition that causes pain and swelling in the inner ankle, and it can make walking and running difficult. To relieve pain and reduce the risk of further injury, it’s important to wear shoes that provide adequate support for the feet and ankles.
Shoes for Posterior Tibial Tendonitis can provide several benefits, including:
- Arch support: Shoes with good arch support can help alleviate the strain on the posterior tibial tendon and reduce pain.
- Cushioning: Cushioned soles can absorb shock and reduce the impact on the foot and ankle, which can help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Stability: Shoes with good stability can help control overpronation, a common cause of posterior tibial tendonitis, by preventing excessive inward rolling of the foot.
- Comfort: Properly fitting shoes that are comfortable to wear can help reduce the likelihood of developing posterior tibial tendonitis, or alleviate pain and discomfort if you already have the condition.
- Customization: Some shoes can be customized with orthotics or other inserts to provide additional arch support and cushioning for individuals with posterior tibial tendonitis.
When shopping for shoes for Posterior Tibial Tendonitis, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Arch support: Look for shoes with good arch support, especially if you have high arches or flat feet. You may also consider purchasing orthotics or other inserts to provide additional arch support.
- Cushioning: Consider shoes with cushioned soles to help absorb shock and reduce impact on the foot and ankle.
- Stability: Look for shoes with good stability, especially if you have a tendency to overpronate. Shoes with a sturdy heel counter and a wider base can help control overpronation and provide stability.
- Comfort: Make sure the shoes fit well and are comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Avoid shoes that are too tight or too loose, as these can contribute to the development of posterior tibial tendonitis.
- Material: Consider shoes made of breathable material, such as mesh, to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Versatility: Look for shoes that can be worn in a variety of settings, including work, exercise, and everyday activities.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a popular running shoe that is often recommended for people with posterior tibial tendonitis. The shoe features a comfortable and supportive design that helps to reduce stress on the foot and ankle, as well as a shock-absorbing sole to help reduce the impact of each step. The GTS 21 also has a variety of technology built into the shoe, such as Brooks’ signature DNA LOFT cushioning and GuideRails support system, to provide a smooth and stable ride for runners.
New Balance 928v3
The New Balance 928v3 is a walking shoe designed for those with posterior tibial tendonitis or other foot conditions that require a high level of support and stability. The shoe features a comfortable, cushioned design with a wide and spacious toe box, a stability post in the midsole, and a ROLLBAR technology to help control excessive pronation and reduce stress on the foot. The 928v3 also has a motion control system to provide additional support and help reduce pain and discomfort, making it a popular choice for people with foot conditions that require extra support.
ASICS Gel Kayano 26
The ASICS Gel Kayano 26 is a running shoe designed for those with posterior tibial tendonitis or other foot conditions that require a high level of support and stability. The shoe features a cushioned design with a spacious toe box, a stability post in the midsole, and a Trusstic System technology that helps to reduce the weight of the sole and provide additional support. The Gel Kayano 26 also has ASICS’ signature GEL cushioning system in the heel and forefoot to help absorb shock and reduce stress on the foot, as well as a FLYTEFOAM midsole that provides a responsive and comfortable ride for runners. Overall, the Gel Kayano 26 is a highly-regarded shoe for those with posterior tibial tendonitis who are looking for a supportive and comfortable running shoe.
Sketchers GOwalk 5
Skechers GOwalk 5 is a line of walking shoes from Skechers, a popular footwear brand. The GOwalk 5 shoes are designed with comfort and support in mind, featuring a flexible, lightweight design and a cushioned insole for maximum comfort during extended walks or daily activities. They are also engineered with high-rebound cushioning and a memory foam footbed, which helps provide a custom fit and support with every step. The shoes come in a variety of colors and styles, allowing you to choose a pair that fits your personal style and needs.
HOKA ONE ONE Bondi 7
HOKA ONE ONE Bondi 7 is a running shoe from HOKA ONE ONE, a company known for its oversized and cushioned running shoes. The Bondi 7 is designed to provide maximum cushioning and comfort for long-distance runs, as well as for daily wear. It features HOKA ONE ONE’s signature oversized midsole, which is made of high-rebound foam that provides a soft, responsive ride. The shoe also has a breathable mesh upper, which helps keep your feet cool and comfortable during runs. Additionally, the Bondi 7 has a sturdy outsole that provides excellent traction on a variety of surfaces, making it a versatile option for both road and trail runs.